Ron T. Blewett
Attorney Ron T. Blewett, of counsel with the firm, has practiced law in Idaho and around the Pacific Northwest since 1982, and he has extensive experience in all aspects of construction claims. Frequently relied on to handle "high stakes" construction and commercial disputes, his record of success includes numerous million and multi-million dollar results, successfully defended on appeal to the Idaho Supreme Court and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Blewett has been a Construction Industry panel member of the American Arbitration Association since 1987, serving frequently as an arbitrator of complex construction claims, including some of the most high profile arbitrations in Idaho. Trained at Pepperdine University in complex construction mediation, industry participants rely on him to mediate the most challenging construction disputes.
In recognition of his abilities in the construction law and surety field, Mr. Blewett has received the AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0 rating from Martindale-Hubbell*.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- Idaho, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
- B.S. - 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- Ruling on the New Trial Motion: What Standard of the Idaho Trial Judge?, Idaho Law Review, Vol. 17, 1981
- Hillside Landscape Construction, Inc. V. City of Lewiston , 151 Idaho 749, 264 P. 3d 388, 2011
- Employers Insurance of Wausau v. City of McCall, 223 Fed.Appx.644, WL 648508, 2007, 9th Circuit
- Driver v. SI Corp., 139 Idaho 423, 80 P.3d 1024, 2003
- Polk v. Larrabee, 135 Idaho 303, 17 P.2d 247, 2000
- Highland Enterprises, Inc. v. Barker, 133 Idaho 330, 986 P.2d 966, 1999
- Seubert Excavators, Inc.
- M.A. DeAtley Construction, Inc.
- Debco Construction
- Western Construction of Lewiston, Inc.
- Motely-Motley, Inc.
- Guardian Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.
- Poe Asphalt Paving, Inc.
- Carroll-Naslund Disposal Service, Inc.
- Specialty Environmental Group, LLC
- Rogers Motors, Inc.
- Cook & Sons Construction, LLC
- Eucon Corporation
- Pacific Cabinets, Inc
- Nick Seubert, Seubert Excavators, Inc.
- Lonnie Simpson, Debco Construction
- Mark DeAtley, M.A. DeAtley Construction
- Case Stedham, Western Construction of Lewiston, Inc.
- Mark Poe, Poe Asphalt Paving, Inc.
- Ray Skelton, Specialty Environmental Group, LLC
Honors And Awards
- Charter Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society America
- Idaho State Bar Professionalism Award
Professional Associations And Memberships
- AAA, Construction Industry Panel Member, 1987
- American Bar Association, Member, Public Contract Law and Construction Law Section
- Idaho State Bar, Member, Dispute Resolution and Real Property Section
- Washington State Bar, Member, Construction Law Section
- Oregon State Bar, Member, Construction Law Section
- The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Member, Idaho Chapter
- Dispute Review Panelist, Idaho Transportation Department