Ron T. Blewett
Attorney Ron T. Blewett has practiced law in Idaho and around the Pacific Northwest since 1982, and he has extensive experience in all aspects of construction claims Frequently relied on to handle "high stakes" construction and commercial disputes, his record of success includes numerous million and multi-million dollar results, successfully defended on appeal to the Idaho Supreme Court and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Blewett has sat on the Construction Industry panel of the American Arbitration Association since 1987, serving frequently an arbitrator of complex construction claims, including some of the most high profile arbitrations in Idaho. Trained at Pepperdine University in complex construction mediation, industry participants rely on him to mediate the most challenging construction disputes.
In recognition of his abilities in the construction law and surety field, Mr. Blewett has received the AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0 rating from Martindale-Hubbell*.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- Surety Defense
- Idaho, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho
- B.S. - 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- Ruling on the New Trial Motion: What Standard of the Idaho Trial Judge?, Idaho Law Review, Vol. 17, 1981
- Hillside Landscape Construction, Inc. V. City of Lewiston , 151 Idaho 749, 264 P. 3d 388, 2011
- Employers Insurance of Wausau v. City of McCall, 223 Fed.Appx.644, WL 648508, 2007, 9th Circuit
- Driver v. SI Corp., 139 Idaho 423, 80 P.3d 1024, 2003
- Polk v. Larrabee, 135 Idaho 303, 17 P.2d 247, 2000
- Highland Enterprises, Inc. v. Barker, 133 Idaho 330, 986 P.2d 966, 1999
- Seubert Excavators, Inc.
- Employers Insurance of Wausau
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Steelman-Duff, Inc.
- Highland Enterprises, Inc.
- M.A. DeAtley Construction, Inc.
- Swaggart Brothers
- Pacific Cabinets, Inc
- Custom Weld Boats, Inc.
- Arnzen Building Construction, Inc.
- Blue North Forest Products, LLC.
- Steve Parry, Idaho Transportation Department, ret.
- Paul Hattrup, Seubert Excavators, Inc.
- Hyrum Cox, Steelman-Duff, Inc.
- Douglas Wills, Chubbs & Sons
- Nick Seubert, Seubert Excavators, Inc.
- Virgil Garland, Umpqua Bank
- Lonnie Simpson, Debco Construction
- Mark DeAtley, M.A. DeAtley Construciton
Honors and Awards
- Idaho State Bar Professionalism Award
- American Jurisprudence Awards in Property II, Procedure II
Professional Associations and Memberships
- AAA, Construction Industry Panel Member, 1987
- American Bar Association, Member, Public Contract Law and Construction Law Section
- Idaho State Bar, Section of Alternative Dispute Resolution, Member
- Washington Bar Section on Construction Law and Public Procurement
- Oregon State Bar, Section on Construction Law
- Dispute Review Board Foundation, Sustaining Member
- Pi Gamma Mu
- Phi Kappa Phi